SPINACH SAGEFull of vitamins, full of iron, found almost everywhere, and wait for it - low in calories - kAchiiiinG - spinach is a super food, and so this is an excellent dish to try. Its a little twist on an indian dish I tried before. My simplified and less tongue burning version.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh ginger about 1 cm chunk, finely chopped
- 1 green or yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2/3 hot chilis
- 1 pack spinach - I get this from the frozen isle
- 1 pack baby potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- pepper and salt to taste
Heat a pot with the oil, then fry the chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Add the capsicum, tomato and hot chilli's, and mix well. Throw in 1 pack of spinach and mix well. Now add the baby potatoes. Mix altogether. If you find it is too thick, stir in half a cup of water. Finish off with 3 tablespoons of natural yoghurt.
I really enjoy this dish with plain white rice, and some tandoori chicken.