Sunday 27 May 2012

SPICY CHICKEN WINGS

If you haven't figured it out by now, I tend to use a lot of coriander in my cooking. I just love the taste, the smell, the colour. I wasnt always a fan of chicken wings. I prefer real meat. But one day, when I noticed there was nothing in the house other than a bag of wings in the freezer, I had to make do. I now take back all that i said about wings. I simply love them. So, lets get started.

Main Ingredient: 
  • 12 Chicken Wings
Coat mix: 
    SPICY CHICKEN WINGS
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon fresh coriander (chopped finely)
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder 
Yummy Sticky Sauce:
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup tabasco sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Firstly, wash the chicken wings well. Clean them by removing the tip of each wing and removing any extra skin near the joints. If you are anything like me and hate touching meat, you can always ask the butcher to take care of it for you. So, cut each wing in two. You should now have 24 pieces.

Grab a bowl, and mix all the coat mix ingredients together. Stir in the wings ensuring they are well coated. In a deep frying pan, heat the oil. Drop the wings into the hot oil and fry for 5-6 minutes until cooked. MMmm

Now for the yummy sticky sauce. In a saucepan, place the butter, garlic and sugar over medium heat til the sugar dissolves. Add in the vinegar, tabasco sauce and salt and leave it to simmer until the sauce thickens. Throw in the wings into the saucepan of sauce, and cook for another few minutes, until the wings are nicely coated and tender.

These are delicious served hot with a nice fresh green salad and wedges or plain white rice. MMmmm...Happy Fingerlicking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment