Saturday 26 May 2012

SAHARs SCRUMPTIOUS CINABONS

CINABONS aka cinamon rolls

I remember my very first real experience of cinabons was when I went on holidays to Dubai. With its tall buildings, wide roads, big fancy cars, and its ample supply of american fast food restaurants and stores, there is absolutely nothing you cant find over there. 

Coming back home to Ireland, I realised cinabons were not really available. So, it was then then I decided I needed to learn how to make them.  Now I have searched high and low, practiced many recipes time and time again, til I finally put this little baby together, and you know what, I don't like tooting my own horn, but it is just amazing! Served with a nice cup of tea, or a nice tall glass of milk, they really do hit the spot. 

So enough with the rambling. I think its time I share this delicious concoction of sugary sweet goodness. If you do try it, do let me know how you get on. 

PS. I use cups in this recipe. 1 cup is approx 250 ml.

DOUGH
SAHARs SCRUMPTIOUS CINABONS
  • 1 ½ cups milk
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup butte
  • 1 egg
  • 5 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon yeast
FILLING
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cinamon
  • ½ cup butter 
(in a bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon)

CREAMY ICING
  • 2 cups icing sugar
  • 1 ½ tablespoons milk
  • ½ cup Philadelphia
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
(in a bowl, mix altogether)

So, lets get started. firstly, heat the milk for 1 minute in the microwave. 
Put the butter and sugar in a bowl, and pour milk over it til butter melts

Add the battered egg to the mix, and mix
Add 2 cups of flour and yeast to the mix and stir
Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and mix until it forms a dough (may need to add a little bit more flour)
Remove dough from bowl and knead knead knead it until it becomes nice and smooth

Place dough back in floured bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Leave it to rest for about 1 ½ hours

Now, once the dough has rested, divide the dough into rounds. 
Using a rolling pin, roll it out into a rectangle

Spread with butter, then sugar and cinnamon filling
Roll dough into a cylinder, then slice
Spread slices 5cm apart on tray. Again, cover with a damp tea towel, and leave it to relax for another hour.

Place in a preheated oven 200 C for 12 minutes (no more, no less) - 12 minutes it is! 

Top with cream topping and serve.. Nom Nom Nom


No comments:

Post a Comment